Monday, July 19, 2021

Some Useful Ancients Cavalry

 Dark Alliance figures have been making Lord of the Rings inspired figures in 1/72 scale.

These, and there are two sets of 12 figures each, are based on the Rohan cavalry, but could easily be used as late Roman era goths, Huns, and other types, as well as Eastern European cavalry in the early medieval period.


I painted up 3 boxes of each.

Nice detail, solid figures.

The only quibble is that the riders can eventually pop off the saddle as the legs are kind of a tight fit.

I think the best recourse would be to shave off some plastic from inside the leg or secure the rider with a metal pin and glue.







5 comments:

  1. Where were these 40 years ago?

    The ones you painted look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ross. These guys have a lot of LoTR types for sale. Good detail, solid figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might have been better off not knowing that.....I see Michigan TS carries them...

      Delete
    2. Hey Ross, I got mine from a guy in the states via eBay, the store is Rebel Alpha. He’s been good to me, often refunds shipping if eBay settings are too high. Not a lot of sellers do that.

      Delete
  3. Excellent. A great use of these lovely figures. Fine painting and love the big units.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete