Sunday, November 20, 2022

By Gar, It’s Been A While…

 Here’s some Napoleonics that I’ve been painting and converting.


These are converted French Horse Grenadiers - Grenadiers A Cheval de La Garde Imperial, some musicians, painted up Lucky Toys, and a couple of Line Horse Artillery guns.



I also did the Empress Dragoons.



Finally a lone Cuirassier. I guess I’ll get ‘round to doing the unit, but I ran out of steam.


I also did some  English units, these being Waterloo Hanoverian. There’s a company that put out these guys in 28mm plastics, and I just seized upon the look of them to paint some 1/72 Prussians up.



I also did some artillery. Basically they look just like the English artillery, but I painted the artillery drivers in red like the earlier Waggoner corps. Just a whim on my part.



And finally I painted up French Foot Artillerymen as Russians and Gave them a couple of limbers.





6 comments:

  1. Twice a year is better than none🙂

    Those Grenadiers a cheval have some impressive bearskins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are those 'Giant'/Christmas-cracker guns? They paint-up well don't they! Lovely!

    H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see some colourful conversions including the Hanoverians - nice to see some familiar Airfix gunners in there. Mark Man of TIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the converting part is the most fun, especially with the increasing brittleness of some figures as they get older.

      Delete
  4. Hello Ross. Those bearskins are dowel rod. I did something similar with my Chasseurs a Cheval last year. I didn’t like the look of the plastic headgear, to me it was too small. The only other way I could beef them up was with black flocking, and I tried it, but it’s too messy. So I got out the razor saw and made new hats.

    ReplyDelete