Sunday, December 19, 2010

Resurecting New Friends From Old

I've been digging through my eBay finds and repainting the half painted and chipped models of old.

I made 2 units of hussars from Airfix Waterloo British Hussars models. I removed their bases, and used a piece of 18 gauge floral wire to hold them to the wooden domino base. I also used the method of white glue with a drop of cyanoacrylate glue to fix them. It forms a very strong bond. I then coated the figures with undiluted white glue (PVA) to protect the paint. I touched up with acrylics, but the original paint is enamel and flakes easily. The Airfix hussars are dressed similar to the French 4th Regiment of hussars, but with busbies.

I finished the 2 units of Hat Industrie Russian Dragoons, but I haven't done the flags yet. They are 24 troopers with 4 Officer figures each.

I've been working on quite a few Airfix French infantry as well.

I have found several styles of cheap wooden boxes to use as storgae. The cost between $1 and $2 each. The large wine bottle gift boxes are great for lances and flag bearers.

No comments:

Post a Comment